Voluntown Building Permit Process

Visit the Town of Voluntown online building and land use application portal.

The process and steps needed for filing for a Building permit in Voluntown are as follows:

1. Determine whether your lot is an approved building lot by:

Contacting  the Zoning Enforcement officer at 860-376-3867
Contacting the Inland/Wetlands Enforcement Officer at 860-376-4089

2. Make sure there are no wetlands or wetland restrictions identified on the lot.

3. Provide a copy of the permit to construct a septic system: Contact UNCAS Health

4. Obtain a driveway permit:

If lot is on a town road contact the First Selectman 860-376-5880
If lot is on a state road contact the Connecticut Department of Transportation

5. A plot plan must be submitted to the Zoning Enforcement Officer and Building Official